You would think that putting unagi on top of a California Roll really isn’t anything too special. I mean come on, it’s just your typical California Roll with some eel on top. You would think. You would be wrong.
This roll is amazing! We first tried it at Honda-Ya when we went there for Son’s birthday, and it is really good! So of course we had to try making it ourselves.
Yum yummy yum! Definitely a new addition to our list of favorites! This isn’t particularly difficult (if you can make a California Roll, you can make this), but it turns out tasting fantastic! I can’t rave enough about this one… you have to try it! 🙂
Excitement is in the air… think kid waiting for Christmas (or going to Disneyland if you don’t do the whole Christmas thing… if you don’t do Christmas OR Disneyland, I can’t help you.) and you’ll know how I have been the last two weeks. Exciting announcements soon!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup imitation crab
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1 package frozen unagi
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cook the unagi as directed on the package.
- Cut the unagi into 1-1.5 inch wide by 2.5 inch long slices.
- Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Roll the sushi inside out, using imitation crab and avocado as your fillings.
- Use your plastic wrap-covered rolling mat to squeeze the unagi into the roll so they won’t fall off.
- Carefully cut the roll, trying to keep the toppings from falling off the sushi.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, and ginger if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll Super California Roll
- Calories: 607
- Fat: 38g, 59% DV
- Saturated Fat: 7g, 35% DV
- Cholesterol: 207g, 69% DV
- Sodium: 1166g, 49% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g, 11% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8% DV
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 28g, 56% DV
- Vitamin A: 38%
- Vitamin C: 12%
- Calcium: 21%
- Iron: 28%
- Magnesium: 10%
- Potassium: 8%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
You also might like...
- Baja California Roll
- Taste and Create 3
- Happy Birthday Son! (Honda-Ya Review)
- California Roll
- Happy Father’s Day!