WHAT I EAT FOR BREAKFAST EVERY SINGLE DAY | the untaco-est breakfast taco
I’ve shared this before, and I’ll likely share it again. For several years (with occasional breaks), this has been my breakfast nearly every single morning.
It’s very adaptable! Sometimes I’ll sauté red onions in the olive oil before adding the spinach. Sometimes I’ll add beans. If we’re particularly hungry or know it’ll be a while before we eat again, I’ll add extra eggs. And if I happen to have leftover cooked bacon from sushi making or a previous dish, then I’ll crumble it and add it in as well.
Son skips the tortilla, cheese, and fried onions, and just eats his in a bowl topped with tortilla chips. Totally adaptable!
This breakfast is tasty, it’s filling, and most importantly it’s fairly healthy. I love that I can get a couple of servings of veggies in first thing in the morning, so that no matter what else I end up eating each day, at least I got something healthy in. And for me, eggs are a breakfast must – otherwise I’ll end up hungry again pretty quickly, no matter how caloric my breakfast was.
Most of all? I crave this if I go too long eating something else for breakfast. In every way, this is pretty much my perfect breakfast.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz shredded mexican cheese
- fried shallots or tortilla chips
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add spinach, cover with a lid and let wilt.
- Put the tortillas on two separate plates. Warm each tortilla for 15 seconds in the microwave, then top with the shredded cheese.
- Once the spinach is completely wilted, remove the lid. Add the pinto beans. Break the eggs into the pan, then scramble, breaking apart the spinach.
- When the eggs have set, remove from the heat and split between the tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, salsa, and fried shallots or tortilla chips.
Sub to my YouTube channel and follow me on TikTok or Instagram to get notified whenever we have new videos!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!