If the above video doesn’t load for you, click here to see it on TikTok!
Every single time for the past 15 years that we’ve gone home to my in-laws house, they always have to send home fruit.
Sometimes it’s apples. Sometimes it’s oranges or tangerines or homegrown dragonfruit, but every once in a while, we’ll get some kiwi.
And my husband will always say don’t you worry – I will eat this kiwi.
And then it sits in the fridge.
For a while.
So I have eventually found a way to use up the kiwi that he never eats and make something really really tasty out of it, and that is these muffins.
They’re super easy to make, so so so light and fluffy, they’re incredibly addictive, and they’re tasty tasty muffins.
So you should absolutely make these.
Kiwi Banana Muffins
adapted from this recipe from Aldi
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar (or regular granulated sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 5 kiwi fruit
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale, light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Peel and grate the kiwi fruit. Peel and mash the banana.
- Add the 2 fruits and the cinnamon and vanilla extract to the bowl with the butter. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the bowl.
- Gradually stir in the fruit batter mix.
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes – until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!