If the above video doesn’t load for you, click here to see it on TikTok!
When I bought bananas for the kiwi muffins, I ended up with a bunch leftover.
We didn’t get around to eating them before they started to overripen, which means OH DARN guess I have to make something with them.
I love banana bread, but given the choice I always end up making banana chocolate chip muffins. They’re pretty much my favorite type of muffin!
Banana chocolate chip muffins
adapted from Kitchen Confidante
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Cream sugar and butter. Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas.
- Sift or whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add pecans if using.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk to egg mixture, alternating until incorporated. Try to end with the dry ingredient addition, and be sure not to over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full, then top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake muffins for about 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!