This is my breakfast every morning!
It originally started as a Texas-inspired breakfast taco, but has evolved into “not really a taco” scrambled eggs on a tortilla.
But still tasty!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz shredded mexican cheese
- fried shallots or tortilla chips
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add red onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown.
- Add spinach, cover with a lid and let wilt.
- Put the tortillas on two separate plates. Warm each tortilla for 15 seconds in the microwave, then top with the shredded cheese.
- Once the spinach is completely wilted, remove the lid. Break the eggs into the pan, then scramble, breaking apart the spinach.
- When the eggs have set, remove from the heat and split between the tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, salsa, and fried shallots or tortilla chips.
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!