If the above video doesn’t load for you, click here to see it on TikTok!
This is my breakfast every morning!
It originally started as a Texas-inspired breakfast taco, but has evolved into “not really a taco” scrambled eggs on a tortilla.
But still tasty!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz shredded mexican cheese
- fried shallots or tortilla chips
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add red onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown.
- Add spinach, cover with a lid and let wilt.
- Put the tortillas on two separate plates. Warm each tortilla for 15 seconds in the microwave, then top with the shredded cheese.
- Once the spinach is completely wilted, remove the lid. Break the eggs into the pan, then scramble, breaking apart the spinach.
- When the eggs have set, remove from the heat and split between the tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, salsa, and fried shallots or tortilla chips.
Sub to my YouTube channel to get notified whenever we have new videos!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!