When you’re making bacon for your burger… gotta bacon fat all the things!!!
Bacon fat mushrooms.
Bacon fat onions.
Bacon fat burger!
(…ignore the burnt bacon.)
Makes 4 burgers
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices american cheese
- 4 brioche or hamburger buns
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 oz arugula, washed
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, to your desired level of crispiness. Try not to burn it. Set aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Cook mushrooms in bacon fat until dark brown and crispy. Set aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Cook onions in bacon fat until soft and golden. Set aside.
- Mix ground beef with garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Form into four thin patties.
- Cook burgers over medium-high heat in the bacon fat (or grill) until browned on both sides and to your desired level of doneness.
- When the burger patties are close to done, lay a slice of cheese on each patty and cover for a minute, or until cheese has melted and patty is cooked.
- Wipe out the skillet, melt the butter, and let brown slightly. Pan-fry the buns in the browned butter until golden-brown.
- Spread the buns with mayonnaise. Feel free to add ketchup if desired. Carefully layer tomato slices, arugula, the patty with cheese, bacon, red onion, and mushrooms on each bottom bun, and top with the top bun.
Sub to my YouTube channel to get notified whenever we have new videos!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!