Potato salad sushi! I had originally intended to make this for Potato Day (August 19th), but then we pushed back the start date for our channel and… I didn’t rearrange my video schedule properly. Oops.
Oh well! This was a surprisingly good roll. I was expecting the two bland carbs (rice + potatoes) to just end up meh, but everything actually came together pretty well. The potatoes were super creamy in the sushi, and then add the bright crunch of celery and salty fatty goodness of bacon, and it ended up to be a very well-rounded roll.
Today’s Question of the Day: What are your favorite picnic sides?
Potato Salad Sushi
Makes 1 roll
- 1 sheet nori
- 1/2 cup sumeshi
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ thick sticks
- water, for boiling
- 1 stalk celery, sliced lengthwise
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- kewpie mayo
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and boil the potatoes until fork-tender.
- Slice the celery, cook the bacon.
- With a bamboo rolling mat, roll the sushi, using the potato, celery, bacon, and kewpie mayo as your fillings.
- Slice the sushi, and enjoy!
Sub to my YouTube channel to get notified whenever we have new videos!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!