This roll was originally called something else, but since I wanted to keep SushiDay family friendly, I changed the name to something different, but technically meaning the same thing. Im sure you can guess what the original name was… but I’m not telling you if you can’t. 😛 Keeping things PG-rated here 😀
Anyways, this is a really good roll… the saltiness of the smoked salmon really balances out with the coolness of the cucumber and creaminess of the mayo/imitation crab mix. Delicious!
Makes 6 rolls, or 24 pieces.
- 6 sheets of nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1 small cucumber
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- smoked salmon
- Cook sushi rice.
- Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Using avocado sticks, cucumber, and the imitation crab mix as your fillings, roll the sushi inside-out.
- Place thin strips of smoked salmon across the top of the roll, and squeeze them into the roll with the rolling mat so they stick.
- Serve with wasabi, shoyu, and ginger (if desired). Enjoy!