This heart is for my little brother.
This heart is for my dad.
This heart is for all of my friends and family who are or have ever had to suffer through cancer.
I wish I could take all the hurt away.
(These hearts are also for Barbara Harris’ event, LiveSTRONG with a Taste of Yellow 2010 – Heart Series.)
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1/2 small onion, sliced into half-rings
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into long sticks
- cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 batch tempura batter
- 12 scallops
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder (or more, to taste)
- Cook sushi rice.
- Coat onion and squash in flour, then dip in tempura batter, making sure to cover it completely.
- Fry the tempura onion and squash in cooking oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, salt.
- Sear scallops in 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- Thinly slice scallops.
- Mix mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Roll the sushi, using the tempura onion, tempura squash, and seared scallops as fillings.
- Drizzle with curry mayonnaise.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
You also might like...
- Taste and Create 7
- A Taste of Yellow
- A Hug Rolled up with Salmon and Seaweed
- Orange-Flavored Mochi
- Stoplight Roll