apex-california-salmon-roll

This roll was originally called something else, but since I wanted to keep SushiDay family friendly, I changed the name to something different, but technically meaning the same thing. Im sure you can guess what the original name was… but I’m not telling you if you can’t. πŸ˜› Keeping things PG-rated here πŸ˜€

Anyways, this is a really good roll… the saltiness of the smoked salmon really balances out with the coolness of the cucumber and creaminess of the mayo/imitation crab mix. Yummy yummy yummy!

Makes 6 rolls, or 24 pieces.

2. Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
  3. Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
  4. Cut off the hard skin and discard.
  5. Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
  6. Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
  7. Using avocado sticks, cucumber, and the imitation crab mix as your fillings, roll the sushi inside-out.
  8. Place thin strips of smoked salmon across the top of the roll, and squeeze them into the roll with the rolling mat so they stick.
  9. Serve with wasabi, shoyu, and ginger (if desired). Enjoy!

Serving Size: 1 roll

• Cholesterol: 27mg, 9% DV
  • Sodium: 1095mg 46% DV

Comments

Hi yummyyy.. please enter my tummy… I’m ready to lick my screen but I don’t think it’ll taste as good =( God, I love avocado.

2. Robert-Gilles Martineau says:

Good combination!
    Sprinkle the smoked salmon with a little lemom juice!
    Cheers,
    Robert-Gilles

3. Amy says:

It’s the one fish I’m not crazy about, but you even make salmon look good…amazing. πŸ˜‰

Yvo – Hehe I don’t think your screen will taste very good! I promise someday I’ll find a way to get out to NY and make you some sushi! πŸ˜€

Robert-Gilles – Oooh that sounds good!

Amy – πŸ˜€ I’m glad we can make even *unappealing* foods look good to you! πŸ˜‰

5. Damien says:

You’re so good at this! You owned a restaurant?

Nope never owned a restaurant… I just like making sushi!

7. Stephanie says:

phu phu phu phu! I think I can guess the original name for the apex roll πŸ˜‰ gotta love your guys’ sense of humor. ~_~ SUSHIIIIII looks soo good…*sighs* its my favorite food, I could eat it everyday. I would have to say the love of rice Has to be genetic XD

P.S.- Allison you’re so pretty! Son, you remind me of my older brother, I think thats a good thing you guys are around the same age.

πŸ˜€ Hehe I’m glad you love sushi… and yeah I agree about the love of rice!

I’m flattered! Hehe you should have seen me when I read your comment… I was blushing so hard! πŸ˜€

9. Therese says:

I’m SO glad I found this page. I am just starting out and this page is wonderful with all of its tips and recipes. The reason I comment on this recipe in particular is that the nutritional facts strike me as odd. I watch what I eat and I looked at the ingredients and it just doesn’t seem right that a roll would have 64 grams of fat and 52 grams of fiber. Other than that, everything looks spectacular! I can’t wait to try it! πŸ™‚

Aaaah!!!! Oops. Thanks so much for pointing that out… I have fixed it now. Hehe the reason it was like that is because I use Excel to calculate my nutrition facts, and I had made a mistake in one of my formulas, so it added it up weird. Plus I was kinda in a hurry when I was posting the nutrition facts since I was trying to get them all up… so I didn’t check them to see if they were realistic. Oops! My bad. πŸ˜› I’m glad you like the site otherwise! πŸ˜€

11. zcbee2010 says:

Hey there! I have to say I rather enjoy Your blog, it makes for an interesting Read! I hope to see more blog posts from you soon! Thanks!