This roll was originally called something else, but since I wanted to keep SushiDay family friendly, I changed the name to something different, but technically meaning the same thing. Im sure you can guess what the original name was… but I’m not telling you if you can’t. 😛 Keeping things PG-rated here 😀
Anyways, this is a really good roll… the saltiness of the smoked salmon really balances out with the coolness of the cucumber and creaminess of the mayo/imitation crab mix. Yummy yummy yummy!
Makes 6 rolls, or 24 pieces.
- 6 sheets of nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1 small cucumber
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- smoked salmon
- Cook sushi rice.
- Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Using avocado sticks, cucumber, and the imitation crab mix as your fillings, roll the sushi inside-out.
- Place thin strips of smoked salmon across the top of the roll, and squeeze them into the roll with the rolling mat so they stick.
- Serve with wasabi, shoyu, and ginger (if desired). Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 16g, 25% DV
- Saturated Fat: 2g, 12% DV
- Cholesterol: 27mg, 9% DV
- Sodium: 1095mg 46% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g, 12% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8% DV
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 11g, 23% DV
- Vitamin A: 8%
- Vitamin C: 12%
- Calcium: 6%
- Iron: 8%
- Magnesium: 10%
- Potassium: 8%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.