This roll is pretty much a California Roll with the addition of shrimp. (Because obviously California plus shrimp equals America. Who knows how they came up with that one? I have no idea… I just make
This makes the roll seem a little more elegant(something you can serve to “polite company”?)
I got this roll from the Sushi Chart.
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 pieces.
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 36 small shrimp, with the tails cut off
- Cook sushi rice.
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into long, thin slices.
- Mix the imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating the crab pieces into flakes.
- Roll the sushi, using avocado, cucumber, imitation crab, and shrimp as your fillings.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, and ginger if desired. Even better, serve with cocktail sauce as you would a shrimp cocktail!