I was 18 when I discovered I was lactose intolerant.
It was New Year’s Eve, and I was at my parents’ house, and the guy I was dating at the time was there with me.
We had been eating appetizers all evening long – especially my mom’s spinach dip, which is my favorite thing ever.
And filled with dairy.
As you might imagine, the process of discovering you’re lactose-intolerant is… er… not a pretty experience. I should have seen it coming, seeing as very few people on my mom’s side can eat dairy, but somehow it came as a surprise.
The guy I was dating was like, “maybe I should leave,” got the heck out of there as fast as he could, and then broke up with me a week or two later.
But – getting dumped led me to audition for a certain ballroom dance team, and… you all know what happened from there.
Lucky for me, I ended up marrying a guy who can handle me at my absolute shittiest… terrible pun absolutely intended.
I’ve posted jalapeño poppers before, but let’s be real, I LOVE jalapeño poppers and will happily make them anytime I just happen to have jalapeños on hand.
So, it’s highly likely this won’t be my last popper recipe on here. But nobody’s complaining, right?
- 1 lb bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese (I used jalapeno, but plain or any savory flavor should do)
- 8 oz grated cheese
- 14 jalapeños
- Turn the oven up to 400F.
- Combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Wearing protective food-safe plastic gloves, slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeños and discard.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the cream cheese mixture, and wrap with a half-slice of bacon.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and caramelized.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!