Now that we’ve made a maple-glazed turkey, we’re making gravy!
Definitely save the pan drippings from the turkey/chicken, those are gonna come in handy here.
Shrimpy Tips: lemon juice may seem unusual, but it helps balance the sweetness of the maple syrup in the turkey drippings!
Maple Turkey Gravy
adapted from Five Heart Home
- drippings from the maple-glazed turkey OR 1/4 cup fat such as butter or bacon fat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock OR turkey stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Pour the drippings from the maple-glazed turkey into a pan, or add whatever fat you’re using. Set pan over medium heat and whisk flour into the drippings until smooth.
- Gradually add stock while continuously stirring. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer while stirring regularly, until gravy is thickened to your preferred consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and fresh lemon juice, to taste.
Sub to my YouTube channel to get notified whenever we have new videos!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!