Some people are just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Even when they’re going through pain or hard times, they always seem so bright and happy – the kind of person who makes everyone’s day better. My friend Wendi Kelly is one such person. As with quite a few of my other good friends, I met her through the Escaping Reality RPG. And the great thing about this woman is that every time I interact with her, whether on ER, or through facebook, or other means of communication, she never fails to make me smile and brighten up even my worst days. 🙂
Because today is Wendi’s birthday, I just had to dedicate this roll to her. It’s so bright and sunny, just like she is. Happy birthday, Wendi!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small avocado
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- the juice of 1 lemon
- Cook sushi rice.
- Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the avocado out of the hard skin, being careful to keep the avocado half as whole as possible.
- Slice the avocado into slices.
- Roll the sushi inside-out, using imitation crab, cucumber, and avocado as your fillings.
- Wrap with smoked salmon, squeeze the lemon juice over the roll.
Serving Size: 1 roll Lemon Drop Roll
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 7g, 11% DV
- Saturated Fat: 1g, 5% DV
- Cholesterol: 23mg, 8% DV
- Sodium: 1035mg, 43% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g, 11% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 1g, 5% DV
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 10g, 21% DV
- Vitamin A: 7%
- Vitamin C: 15%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 4%
- Magnesium: 6%
- Potassium: 6%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.