Today, I cannot think of a single thing to write for you. I’m in the middle of finals, so I’m going to blame it on stress and studying. Don’t worry, I have a recipe for you, but in lieu of trying to write more about it, I’m going to do another meme that I’ve been putting off. Ellen Wilson splatted me with a meme tomato a month ago (don’t worry, this was before the salamonella scare 😉 ) so that’s what you’re getting today. 😀
Some random things about me:
- You can follow me on twitter! My username is sushiday.
- I adore quantum mechanics. I find it so interesting, that I just finished a quantum mechanics class that I took for fun. Am I a freak? Perhaps. But I’m enjoying it all the way. 😀
- I finally had the opportunity to play Halo 3 with Son, and I loved it. I may have had more fun playing than he did!
- I really want to audition for So You Think You Can Dance. Not so much for the whole TV thing, but… seriously? Any opportunity to work with that many world-class choreographers is worth whatever it takes!
- I am a super-duper night owl. Still up at 5am, and not really tired. Luckily I have the freedom to get up whenever I want, so the late nights up working are not a problem!
I’m supposed to tag more people, but me and thinking this week are just not going together, unless it’s academics related. However, I am going to tag Yvo of Feisty Foodie, because usually she’s the one always tagging me for these! Everyone else, consider yourself tagged. 😀
Like I promised, here’s your sushi recipe! Enjoy!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 6 stalks green onion
- 2 tbsp Siracha hot sauce
- 6 oz tuna sashimi
- 3 oz tobiko
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the tuna into 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick slices against the grain of the fillet.
- Cut each of these slices in half lengthwise, so they are about 1/2 inch wide.
- Roll the sushi, using avocado, cucumber, a stalk of green onion, tuna, a tsp of Siracha, and a little tobiko as your fillings.
Serving Size: 1 roll Guns and Roll
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 7g, 10% DV
- Saturated Fat: 1g, 6% DV
- Cholesterol: 31mg, 10% DV
- Sodium: 614mg, 26% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g, 11% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7% DV
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 10g, 20% DV
- Vitamin A: 30%
- Vitamin C: 22%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 8%
- Magnesium: 9%
- Potassium: 10%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.