halo-3-sushi

Halo sushi!!!! Can you see the resemblance? Yeah, neither can I. :P Son suggested that I make sushi in the shape of the Halo 3 logo, in celebration of it being released at midnight last night. We would buy it, but we don’t have an XBox 360… yet… so we’re going to have to wait for a bit until we get one or can borrow one from a friend. :P We are looking forward to playing it though, so if you get it, let me know how it is… especially the split-screen co-op!

Now, I’m not a gamer… it would be an insult to real gamers to call me one. However, I do enjoy playing Wii Sports and Legend of Zelda on the Wii, and if it didn’t require so much time or money, I probably would play WoW for a while (I did a free trial and enjoyed getting my Tauren up to level 13… :D ). Plus Son made me play Resistance Fall of Man with him on the PS3, and once I got used to the controls I had a lot of fun! :D I can’t aim and run at the same time though… not much hand-eye coordination here, so instead I stay behind Son and snipe the aliens. :D Hehe so I am a bit of a nerd, but not hardcore enough to be termed a gamer. :P

I made the logo by first folding a strip of nori so that it created the shapes of the 3 and the circle around it, then filled them with tuna salad and surrounded them with sumeshi. Took me 2 hours!! Wow… I’m sure if I had more time and resources I could have made it look better, but I’m at my parents’ house, so I was limited in what I could do. Plus, this was the one time we left our nice camera at home, so the picture was taken with a regular little Canon SD550. The pictures would look worse… but Photoshop is our friend. :P

So… have you made any logos or pictures out of sushi? I would love to see them… and I’m definitely going to try some more when I have time!

Comments

1. Karianne says:

Fanstastic!! And you did such a good job! It is funny because I have been trying to make logos of sushi for a while now, (my Apple logo sucked for instance) but have never had a quality that I would share with the world. Yet. :) Will keep on trying and muster up the courage to show you. Kazari-maki zushi is just beautiful and something I always look for to add to my website. Now I might have to add you. Again. :)

I have/use an SD550 for my pictures :P

3. Jon says:

Cool. It looks good! By the way, I like the blog.

Karianne – Haha thanks! Yeah, it’s pretty hard to get the logos to shape correctly, without falling apart or getting completely deformed when you are putting the sushi together! I definitely want to do more when I have the time! You can definitely use this on your site if you would like. :)

Yvo – Now to clarify, I’m not slamming the SD 550… I really like the camera! We had really bad lighting at my parents’ house… so they were all dark and not so pretty. Plus, we are a bit spoiled by the super super expensive camera we use! :D

Jon – Thanks!

5. consoleer » Blog Archive » Halo 3: Finish The Sushi says:

[...] makizushi took two hours to make. You read that right. Two hours. Halo 3 Sushi [Sushi Day, Thanks Zen [...]

6. Joel says:

Cool Halo type logo on that sushi roll!. First time I’ve ever seen someone trying this!

Haha, no worries, it wouldn’t bother me. I’m *dying* to buy a digital SLR but can’t justify the price yet. And having just paid my latest credit card bill *wince* I am definitely going to have to curb spending like mad. Maybe in the new year, after I get my Christmas bonus in December ;)

Joel – Thanks! I definitely want to try some more, although I’ll try to do those when I have more time and resources than I did this time!

Yvo:) You should definitely get one if you can, although once you get one you get kind of spoiled and don’t want to go back! Hehe even if you don’t get one, I still drool over your pictures. You eat so well!

9. I need a sushi! « HALOISM says:

[...] are created by Allison Day, here is qoute frome her HALO 3 sushi post : I made the logo by first folding a strip of nori so that it created the shapes of the 3 and the [...]

10. Wii says:

I still go back and play Final Fantasy VII, Mario 64, Super Mario World, Goldeneye… etc. Sure the graphics are worse than new games, but games like these are FUN and FUN keeps me interested.

11. Halo Reach Beta says:

It looks great to me, lol, how does it taste?

12. Halo Reach Fan says:

Okay now that Halo Reach is coming out, I hope to see another attempt of a Sushi logo for it.

It is a pretty cool talent, have you made any additional attempts lately?