This is another one of the tuna rolls that we made oh, about three months ago. Behind? Who, me? Okay, fine, you win. I am waaaaaay behind in my sushi posts, and I’m not done yet! We still have a bunch more tuna rolls left to post! I know what you’re thinking, “Maybe you should post more often Allison!” Yeah, I know. I should. What with me graduating in a few months and trying to make sure I have all the right classes I need to graduate and trying to figure out what’s going to happen after I graduate, I have gotten a little behind in my posts. Time has been going by so fast! I guess that’s what happens when I’m busy. I post something and before I know it, more than a week has gone by and I still haven’t posted something new! Oi. Oh, and happy belated Valentines Day! In case you are wondering, Son didn’t get me flowers or chocolates or jewelry or anything like that. No, it was MUCH more exciting. He got me cookbooks! 😀 He knows how to make me happy hehe.
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 6 oz sashimi-grade tuna
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Wash cilantro.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 2-3 inch sticks, against the grain.
- Roll the sushi, using some avocado, several cilantro leaves, a few sticks of tuna, and about 1/2 tsp of Sriracha sauce as your fillings.