This is very similar to the original Crunchy Shrimp Roll… but with bacon! Because bacon makes everything better. 😛 If you liked the original Crunchy Shrimp Roll and you like bacon, then you are gonna love this one!
Sorry I’ve been gone for the past week… there’s been a bit of family drama what with my little brother being in the hospital and all, so I haven’t had time to post about sushi. No worries though… he came home tonight and there will be more sushi soon! I made some sushi last week so my family could have a real meal instead of fast food and sandwiches all the time, which was much appreciated, especailly by my brother. Hospital food != yummy. (I made Crunchy Shrimp Roll, Inari-Zushi, and Kristen Maki in case anyone was wondering. So yes, Kristen finally did get her Kristen Maki. 😛 )
Also… I can finally reveal the dance blog I have been hinting about!!! It is called NextDance, and has all sorts of tips and advice for dancers, in addition to reviews of any dance shows I get to go see. So go check it out… and let me know what you think of it! I’m open to suggestions and outright criticism! 😀 Let me know if there is anything I can do to make the site more accessible to non-dancers. 🙂
Bacon Crunchy Shrimp Roll
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 12 pieces tempura shrimp
- 1 small avocado
- 6 sticks green onion
- 6 slices bacon
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Fry (or microwave) the bacon until it is of desired crispyness.
- Roll the sushi, using 2 pieces of tempura shrimp, avocado, a green onion stalk, and a slice of bacon as your fillings.