kristen-maki

A couple of months ago, my little sister, Kristen, left a comment on Crunchy Shrimp Roll requesting a roll with bacon, green onion, avocado and mozzarella cheese. So a week or two ago, I had all the ingredients so I decided to try it. It is really good! (Of course, any roll with bacon is good ;) ) I’m sure she’s going to be mad at me because I didn’t go home and make it for her (don’t worry, I will eventually… if you are lucky it might even be before you leave!) :D Anyways, this roll is really good… definitely one you could use to introduce non-sushi eaters to the concept of different ingredients rolled up in sumeshi and nori!

• 6 sheets nori
  • 3 cups sumeshi
  • 6 strips bacon
  • 6 stalks green onion
  • 1 small avocado
  • 2 mozzarella string cheeses
  2. Fry bacon to the crispiness you prefer.
  3. Remove white bulbs fron green onion stalks. Wash green onion.
  4. Cut avocado in half, discard pit and skin. Slice into thin sticks.
  5. Roll the sushi, using a slice of bacon, a stalk of green onion, several slices of avocado and half of a string cheese as your fillings.
  6. Serve with wasabi and shoyu. Enjoy!

Serving Size: 1 roll Kristen Roll

• Cholesterol: 50g, 17% DV
  • Sodium: 1387g, 58% DV

Comments

1. Kristen says:

You’re an inspiration to all of us…

And yea…why didn’t you come home and make this?
    I object!

2. l3utterfish says:

sounds good..

3. Sushihound says:

String cheese in a sushi roll…genius! It practically comes pre-formed in just the right shape. :)

My stomach protests on behalf of your sister… making me hungry close to quitting time :(

BTW, small thing, maybe it’s me. I’ve been experiencing a small glitch on your site lately. When I go to comment, your pictures will suddenly open up, blotting out my comment, though I can still type. I usually browse your photos before commenting, if that makes a difference. Any help? Am I doing something wrong here?

Kristen – Haha you’re a dork. I will… eventually…

l3utterfish – It is! :)

Sushihound – Hehe yeah, it works pretty well!

Yvo – Hehe sorry! When I first read your comment, I was like, closing time? Noon? Oh wait… you’re in NY – 3 hours later for you hehe. About the glitch… what browser are you using? It could have something to do with that… plus if we know what browser the glitch is on, we can try to fix it!

6. Darren says:

I suggest making a vegetarian version of this one and calling it Darren Maki! Eh?

Allison- I’m using IE 6…. And just now, I didn’t click on your pictures and am not experiencing the picture/glitch.
    also, I read my comment just now and was like, noon is quitting time, then I added the time up and I was like I get off work at 5:30, why was I saying it’s quitting time at 3??? *shrug*

Um… also, it’s 11:54 am EST right now… weird.

Darren – Haha sure… you bring the vegetarian bacon and I’ll stick it in some sushi for you. :P

Yvo – Alrighty… I’ll have Son check on that later. We both have Macs, so I can’t check it (I don’t have Parallels or anything like that on mine) so I have to wait until he can check IE on Parallels. :P Hmmmm… so maybe it was actually 4ish when you commented… which means only an hour and a half until quitting time? Hehe who knows. :P

10. Sophie says:

Mmm…
    I can’t wait to try this.
    Your bacon looks so tasty!

11. Kristen says:

I think Darren is just jealous of me…and I have more ideas!

– tomato
    – smoked gouda
    – brown rice (but there is no sticky, so I don’t know)

AND

Don’t belittle me on the internet. I’d much rather you do it in person.

I mean…what?

12. Kristen says:

But the gouda kinda melts when it gets wet, so I dunno…

Sophie – Thanks!

Kristen – Haha probably. :P Hmmm that sounds good… I could definitely try it sometime and see how it works. I assume you would eat up the gouda and brown rice and tomato that I don’t use up in the sushi, so I might do that sometime at home, maybe before you leave. If you go get the ingredients, I’ll make it when I make the rest of the sushi…!

14. Kristen says:

On what budget of mine do you propose I purchase these things?
    I am naught but a frail college student, waxing eloquent at four in the morning…
    *swoons*

Ha. Ha. Ha. :P

16. Farrah says:

Great idea, Kristen! I must try this one someday…maybe after a hip hop class in the summer?

Haha Kristen won’t make it for you… but if I’m around then definitely! :)