A couple of months ago, my little sister, Kristen, left a comment on Crunchy Shrimp Roll requesting a roll with bacon, green onion, avocado and mozzarella cheese. So a week or two ago, I had all the ingredients so I decided to try it. It is really good! (Of course, any roll with bacon is good 😉 ) I’m sure she’s going to be mad at me because I didn’t go home and make it for her (don’t worry, I will eventually… if you are lucky it might even be before you leave!) 😀 Anyways, this roll is really good… definitely one you could use to introduce non-sushi eaters to the concept of different ingredients rolled up in sumeshi and nori!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 6 strips bacon
- 6 stalks green onion
- 1 small avocado
- 2 mozzarella string cheeses
- Cook sushi rice.
- Fry bacon to the crispiness you prefer.
- Remove white bulbs fron green onion stalks. Wash green onion.
- Cut avocado in half, discard pit and skin. Slice into thin sticks.
- Roll the sushi, using a slice of bacon, a stalk of green onion, several slices of avocado and half of a string cheese as your fillings.
- Serve with wasabi and shoyu. Enjoy!