Every once in a while, I’ll be making something aside from sushi (yes, I do cook aside from sushi! 🙂 ) and think, “hey, this might taste good in a maki roll!” Actually, Son said that, but it still resulted in a great tasting roll! I make bacon-wrapped asparagus every now and then, because Son loves it (as do I) and it’s a delicious way to get more vegetables (of course the bacon doesn’t cancel it out! Hehe.) …so if you just want to make bacon-wrapped asparagus, discard the sushi-making parts of the recipe. 😀
Sorry I have been almost completely absent lately… I’m in the middle of finals week right now, so I have had time for absolutely nothing aside from studying and writing papers! Ugh. I can’t wait to be done, but unfortunately I still have a couple of years to go before I graduate. Well, wish me lick for my last two finals! And if I don’t respond to your comments very quickly don’t despair, I’ll be back next week!
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 slices.
- Cook sushi rice.
- Wash the asparagus.
- Cut off the bottom inch of the asparagus, and cut the remaining stalk into 3 inch pieces (you should get about two of these pieces from each stalk).
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Roll each piece of asparagus in a slice of bacon.
- Put the bacon-wrapped asparagus in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook on all sides so the bacon is crispy.
- Roll the sushi. For your fillings, use 3 or 4 of the bacon-wrapped asparagus.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll
- Fat:6g, 9% DV
- Saturated Fat: 2g, 9% DV
- Cholesterol: 16mg, 5% DV
- Sodium: 876mg 37% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g, 9% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 1g, 6% DV
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 3g, 5% DV
- Vitamin A: 12%
- Vitamin C: 8%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 4%
- Magnesium: 2%
- Potassium: 2%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.