I love, love, LOVE this roll! This is probably my favorite type of sushi ever.
I came up with this when I was making tempura shrimp for a different roll. I had some extra avocado from making California Rolls, and we had some leftover green onions from something I had made a few days before for Son.
If you like tempura shrimp, you will definitely love this roll.
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 slices.
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package. I used this tempura shrimp, but I’m sure other types, or even homemade tempura shrimp will work just fine. You can also fry the tempura shrimp if you choose, but baking it is healthier, and you can prepare other things (such as the sumeshi) while it’s baking.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Roll the sushi, using one green onion stalk, several avocado sticks, and 2 1/2 slices of tempura shrimp as your fillings.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, and ginger if desired. Enjoy!