The Feisty Tuna Roll is a little bit spicy but not overwhelmingly so, and definitely tasty. The avocado helps cool it down a little more, so even people who aren’t huge fans of spicy foods will probably like this. 🙂
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 6 stalks green onion
- 6 oz sashimi grade tuna
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 2-3 inch sticks, against the grain.
- Roll the sushi, using avocado, green onion, tuna, and a little of the mayonnaise sauce as your fillings.