Time has just been flying by lately. I posted The Red Violin on February 20th, then the Taste and Create 5 post three days later, and vowed that I would have a more regular posting schedule, instead of just once post per week! Crudmonkeys. I realized today that it has been two weeks since I last posted. With a big paper due earlier this week, I seem to have lost track of time. 🙁 I know, excuses, excuses. I can’t guarantee I’ll be on a regular schedule in the next couple of weeks either, because finals are coming up. 🙁
Check out the left-hand navigation links – in addition to the store where we are selling our Sushi Day shirts, we also have a Comments RSS Feed! Now you can subscribe to that to see what’s going on in our comments when you aren’t here. 🙂
The Feisty Tuna Roll is a little bit spicy but not overwhelmingly so, and definitely tasty. The avocado helps cool it down a little more, so even people who aren’t huge fans of spicy foods will probably like this. 🙂
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 6 stalks green onion
- 6 oz sashimi grade tuna
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 2-3 inch sticks, against the grain.
- Roll the sushi, using avocado, green onion, tuna, and a little of the mayonnaise sauce as your fillings.
Serving Size: 1 roll Feisty Tuna Roll
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 7g, 11% DV
- Saturated Fat: 1g, 6% DV
- Cholesterol: 12mg, 4% DV
- Sodium: 594mg, 25% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g, 10% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 1g, 5% DV
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 9g, 18% DV
- Vitamin A: 29%
- Vitamin C: 16%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 6%
- Magnesium: 6%
- Potassium: 5%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.