This is very similar to the original Crunchy Shrimp Roll… but with bacon! Because bacon makes everything better. If you liked the original Crunchy Shrimp Roll and you like bacon, then you are gonna love this one!
Sorry I’ve been gone for the past week… there’s been a bit of family drama what with my little brother being in the hospital and all, so I haven’t had time to post about sushi. No worries though… he came home tonight and there will be more sushi soon! I made some sushi last week so my family could have a real meal instead of fast food and sandwiches all the time, which was much appreciated, especailly by my brother. Hospital food != yummy. (I made Crunchy Shrimp Roll, Inari-Zushi, and Kristen Maki in case anyone was wondering. So yes, Kristen finally did get her Kristen Maki. )
Also… I can finally reveal the dance blog I have been hinting about!!! It is called NextDance, and has all sorts of tips and advice for dancers, in addition to reviews of any dance shows I get to go see. So go check it out… and let me know what you think of it! I’m open to suggestions and outright criticism! Let me know if there is anything I can do to make the site more accessible to non-dancers.
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 12 pieces tempura shrimp
- 1 small avocado
- 6 sticks green onion
- 6 slices bacon
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Fry (or microwave) the bacon until it is of desired crispyness.
- Roll the sushi, using 2 pieces of tempura shrimp, avocado, a green onion stalk, and a slice of bacon as your fillings.
Serving Size: 1 roll Bacon Crunchy Shrimp Roll
- Calories: 422
- Fat: 18g, 28% DV
- Saturated Fat: 3g, 13% DV
- Cholesterol: 53g, 18% DV
- Sodium: 999g, 42% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g, 16% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16% DV
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 10g, 20% DV
- Vitamin A: 17%
- Vitamin C: 19%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 9%
- Magnesium: 4%
- Potassium: 6%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.