More steak!! Yum! So now all you people who won’t eat sushi because you don’t like fish or any of that… you have no excuse!!!! Hehe. This uses the same flank steak recipe as the last post, so if you have leftovers, you can use them for this!
By the way, this is completely off topic (but it’s my blog so I can do that 😀 ) but does anyone have any good brownie recipes? It’s just been one of those months where I really need some good brownies. Lay in bed and eat brownies… wouldn’t we all just love that? Unfortunately life goes on… I want brownies. Or ice cream. But it’s too cold for ice cream, so brownies. Please? 😀
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 pieces.
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 1.5 pound flank steak
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium potato
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- Cook sumeshi.
- Trim any excess fat from the flank steak.
- Pat the surface of the flank steak dry with a paper towel, then rub with the cut side of the clove of garlic. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Melt the butter in a skillet that is big enough to hold the flank steak. Put the flank steak in the skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until it is browned on the outside but still pink in the center.
- Remove the flank steak from the skillet and cover loosely with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel the potato, and slice into 1/4″ x 1/4″ strips.
- Place the strips on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rearranging the french fries halfway through so they don’t burn.
- Or if you prefer, you can go buy some fries from your favorite fast food restaurant. Works just as well. 🙂
- Slice the onion into rings, cut these in half.
- Roll the sushi, using a couple of strips of flank steak, onion, and french fries as your fillings.
- Serve with BBQ sauce. Enjoy!