kappa-maki

This is by far the easiest sushi roll to make. Not only is it vegetarian, it is also vegan, so just about anyone can eat it!

Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 pieces.

2. Wash cucumber thoroughly.
  3. If desired, peel cucumber.
  4. Slice the cucumber into ½ cm thick sticks.
  5. Lay a stick of cucumber on the sheet of nori.
  6. Roll and slice the sushi, using only ½ cup of rice for each roll instead of a full cup. These rolls will be smaller than most, as we are only using one ingredient.
  7. Serve with ginger, wasabi, and shoyu, if desired. Enjoy!

Serving Size: 1 roll

• Cholesterol: 0mg, 0% DV
  • Sodium: 532mg 22% DV

Comments

1. Nick says:

First comment. Wooo.

I strongly disagree! The only sushi harder to make than this is temaki! Seriously, I’m so used to making packed rolls that I always mess up these little ones … *sobs*

Really? I find kappa maki the easiest to make, since there’s only one ingredient and it’s not very slippery, so it doesn’t slide out of my roll when I’m trying to roll it! But I can imagine if you are used to making larger inside-out rolls, then this could be very out of the ordinary and more difficult to make. :)

3. Cookbook Review: Vegetarian Sushi Made Easy « Half Pint Pixie says:

[...] I am not very adventurous or dexterous, I have an overwhelming love for two things sushi, kappa maki (cucumber rolls), well anything maki really, avocado, tofu and red peppers also have featured in [...]

4. Vector says:

I’m definately going to try making this tonight. I’ve been searching for a good recipe a while. Thanks, look delicious.. :)

5. vegan groceries says:

Great post. Thanks for the info. These days it’s getting easier to live a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle.

Vector – Fantastic, how did it turn out?

Ms. Groceries – Yes, it is.

7. Zacusca Traditionala says:

A cool blog post there mate. Cheers for that! I’ve bookmarked this post.