Finals are finally done! Yay! Now I get a nice long break (yeah, I know, lucky me 🙂 ) until winter quarter starts in January. Finals seemed to go pretty well, but grades aren’t posted until the end of next week, so I’m just going to have to wait and see! (The suspense is killing me!)
This is a more complicated take on plain inari sushi. Son likes to make this fried rice for me occasionally (this is the only thing he ever cooks for me 😛 ) so we thought we would put it into inari and see how it turned out! Well, it turned out tasting pretty good, so now we share it with you!
- 2 packages aburaáge
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 Chinese sausages
- 2 cups shrimp (we used precooked frozen shrimp)
- 3 cups rice (1.5 cups uncooked rice cooked with 1.5 cups water)
- 2 tbsp shoyu
- 4 eggs
- 6 stalks green onion
- Cook the rice. (I use a rice cooker, you can cook it in a pan if you prefer)
- Dice the onion into small pieces.
- Slice the sausages into thin slices.
- Cut off the tails of the shrimp and cut the shrimp into thirds.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Chop the green onions. (I just use scissors to cut them into small bits)
- Once the rice is done cooking, sauté the diced onions (not the green onions) with the butter in a large frying pan.
- Put the sliced sausages in the pan and let cook for about 10 minutes, or until they start to brown. Occasionally stir, so the sausage cooks evenly.
- Pour in the chopped shrimp, and let cook until it begins to turn opaque.
- Mix in the rice, stirring so it is distributed evenly throughout the pan.
- Pour about 2 tbsp shoyu into the pan (more if you want it saltier, less if you prefer a lower salt intake). Stir.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the pan, stirring so everything is coated with egg. Let cook while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chopped green onions in. Stir so they are evenly spread about the fried rice.
- Make the inari sushi, using the fried rice instead of sumeshi.
- Eat! You can eat them plain, with shoyu, or with Siracha hot sauce!.
You also might like...
- And the winners are…
- Spicy Mushroom Inari
- Spicy Shrimp Inari
- Inari Con Gambas Al Ajillo
- Happy Father’s Day!