I just got the new TikTok Q&A thing, so if you have any questions you want me to answer, feel free to ask! I’m always happy to answer your questions, as long as, you know, they’re not creepy or rude.
The very first question is asking, do I still do the sushi day thing?
I’m not sure whether that’s referring to my YouTube channel, or to making sushi on TikTok, but either way my answer is the same: yes, but very slowly.
I kind of hit a wall in the last month. My mental health has been total trash, and I burned out real hard. I actually ended up taking an unintentional break – I’ve barely been on social media, I’ve cooked a few repeat things that I’ve already posted so I haven’t been filming… it was a much needed break.
I’m working on dragging myself out of my funk and getting myself back in gear, which means, yes! There will be more YouTube videos, and there will be more sushi videos on TikTok coming up soon!
Spicy Mushroom Inari Sushi
- 1 package inari pockets
- 1 batch sumeshi
- 5 oz portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 cup kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 stalks green onions, green part only, washed and sliced
- Sautee the mushrooms in olive oil or butter over medium heat, until browned. Set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce, transfer into a squeeze bottle if desired.
- Carefully open each inari pocket, and stuff with sushi rice. Top with a piece of mushroom, drizzle or dollip with spicy mayo, and sprinkle green onions on top.
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!