Sitting on a bench outside our local library, watching the clouds go by, we pondered on regrets.
So many people, at the end of their lives, talk about how they regret not living their lives more.
My dad, when he was sick before he passed away, told me he regretted that he didn’t travel more – that he just spent all his time working and saving up for a retirement that he never got to have.
And it’s just as easy for my husband and I to look back at our own lives, and see all the opportunities we didn’t take – because we were scared, because we were lazy, because we had misplaced priorities, because we took things for granted.
So we’ve been trying to imagine we’re five, ten years in the future. Look back at right now, what are you glad you’re doing? What would you wish you’d done differently?
They always say to live a life with no regrets… how would you live your life, to make that happen?
This tortilla pizza is something my family’s been making ever since I was a kid. Most of the time I keep it simple – just sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
But if I happen to have onions, mushrooms, or any other tasty toppings on hand, those go great too!
A few years ago I discovered that I REALLY like putting avocado on top of my pizza (pretty much all pizza is better with avocado on it). And then more recently, I tried some pizza from a local restaurant where they put arugula (dressed with olive oil and lemon juice) on top, and we discovered we quite like that as well.
If you’re veggie-averse, do whatever you want, but for everyone else, I highly recommend those additions!
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sauteed mushrooms, sliced red onion, etc.)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- handful of arugula
- olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Evenly top the tortilla with the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings. Toast in a toaster oven or in a 350F oven until the cheese is melted and tortilla browns around the edges, about 5 min (keep an eye on it).
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced avocado and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Links in this post may be affiliate posts. If you buy an item through an affiliate link, I get a small fee, which helps support this blog!