Okay, so it’s not sushi, but I promise I’ll have more sushi up this weekend! Since you have all been so great and asked nicely, here is the spinach dip recipe I promised! It is so much better than any other spinach dip recipe I have tried! Ever since I was little I have always requested that my mom make this for birthdays, holidays, and any other special occasions. But beware! If you are like me, you will sit in front of the bowl and just eat it and eat it, so if you are dieting, this might not be for you (or make sure you have a bunch of friends over to share it with!) On the other hand, if you enjoy good food, this is a perfect recipe for you! And once again, sorry to be going off on a non-sushi related tangent, it’s just that this is soooo good I had to share! I promise more sushi this weekend!
Serves 1 very indulgent person (me!) or 6 normal people.
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- a dash of onion powder
- a dash of garlic powder
- French bread (I prefer to get the soft kind so my gums don’t take a beating, but if you like the crusts it’s completely up to you!)
- Break the spinach leaves off of the stems, discard the stems and any icky looking leaves.
- Wash the spinach very well… I don’t want anyone getting e-coli!
- Put the spinach, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor (I use a blender, my mom uses a food processor, it comes out yummy both ways 🙂 ), blend until smooth. You might have to add the spinach in several batches, blending it in between, since an entire bunch of spinach takes a lot of room. When you add the spinach, try to mix it into the sour cream/mayonnaise or the already blended dip – this makes it so the spinach is heavier and will sink to the bottom where the blades are. Otherwise it takes forever to blend it all!
- Chill the spinach dip. (You could eat it right away and it will still be good, but trust me, it is SO much better cold!
- When you are ready to eat the spinach dip, cut the French bread into cubes.
- Generously dip the bread into the dip, and enjoy!