This is a very simple roll, but still interesting due to the flavors of the teriyaki sauce and hot sauce. You can also use hoisin sauce in place of the teriyaki sauce if you don’t have any teriyaki sauce, and it will still taste good! 🙂
Only one more week of school left of the winter quarter… and then finals! Bleh. Time seems to be going by so quickly nowadays… I’ll have graduated before you know it! I think it’s partially because I am so busy these days – I have classes to study for, homework to do, sushi to make, posts to write, a website to make for my mom, and Son to take care of! I’m not complaining, because I enjoy it all, but still… it’s a lot to do! 😉
Makes 12 rolls, or 36-48 slices.
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package. I used this tempura shrimp, but I’m sure other types, or even homemade tempura shrimp will work just fine. You can also fry the tempura shrimp if you choose, but baking it is healthier, and you can prepare other things (such as the sumeshi) while it’s baking.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Roll the sushi inside-out, using 1/2 a sheet of nori instead of a whole sheet, and 2 slices of tempura shrimp (one whole shrimp) as your filling.
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the roll, and squeeze a stripe of hot sauce along the roll. Enjoy!