Yeah, I know… don’t ask. I have absolutely no clue why this is called the New York Roll! If anyone has any idea of the origin of the name, or any suggestions for a roll better deserving of the name, please share! (Do my New Yorkers have any good suggestions? )
This is very similar to the Naked Spicy Tuna Roll except not spicy… no jalapeños! Oh, and it’s inside out, and has sesame seeds, and I actually tried this one. A perfect alternative for those of us who can’t take so much spice!
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut cucumber into sticks.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 2-3 inch sticks, against the grain.
- Roll the sushi inside-out*, using a few sticks of cucumber, some cream cheese, and some tuna as your fillings.
- * After you spread the rice on the nori but before you flip the nori over, sprinkle some sesame seeds over the rice and press them in so they stick.
Serving Size: 1 roll New York Roll
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 8g, 13% DV
- Saturated Fat: 4g, 19% DV
- Cholesterol: 31mg, 10% DV
- Sodium: 597mg, 25% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g, 10% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7% DV
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 10g, 21% DV
- Vitamin A: 22%
- Vitamin C: 7%
- Calcium: 6%
- Iron: 9%
- Magnesium: 9%
- Potassium: 5%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.