I tried making a quick and easy curry that didn’t use very many ingredients. I intended to make something that tasted like good curry, without all the work. Unfortunately… things don’t always go as planned. The curry I made ended up tasting way too sweet, and not *curry* enough. 🙁 I’m posting the recipe anyways (in case any of you like ridiculously sweet curry 😀 ), but I am wondering if any of you have some really good curry recipes that you are willing to share? I promise to get a better tasting curry sushi up here sometime, and if I use your recipe I will of course credit you! 🙂
Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend! (Or at least my American readers…) Son and I went to a street fair near where I grew up that I go to every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend. We had a lot of fun, and ate a bunch of good food, then went back to my parent’s house and had a BBQ! Yum!
By the way, if you haven’t voted in our poll, please go and vote! I really appreciate all your input!
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 pieces.
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 18 cut up chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 2 large potatoes
- Cook sushi rice.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash and cut the chicken and potatoes into 1 inch square pieces.
- Mix the mustard, honey, and curry powder in a bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the chicken and potato pieces in a 9″x11″ pan, pour the curry sauce over it.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Roll the sushi, using the chicken and potato pieces as your fillings.
- Drizzle the curry sauce over the sushi. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 4g, 5% DV
- Saturated Fat: 1g, 4% DV
- Cholesterol: 21mg, 7% DV
- Sodium: 774mg 32% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 74g, 25% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13% DV
- Sugars: 51g
- Protein: 10g, 20% DV
- Vitamin A: 7%
- Vitamin C: 13%
- Calcium: 3%
- Iron: 14%
- Magnesium: 8%
- Potassium: 11%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
You also might like...
- Taste and Create 10
- Curry Mayonnaise
- Mochi in Hawaii
- A Taste of Yellow – Curried Sushi Hearts
- Tokyo, Japan: Yoshinoya, Ginza, Tokyo Imperial Palace, and CoCo Curry