In a time long, long past, one of our readers suggested a roll that combines unagi (eel) and cream cheese. (Okay so it was only 4 months ago, but that’s almost SushiDay’s entire lifetime!) We finally got around to trying it, and Son and I definitely agree – it’s really good! It tastes very similar to the Philadelphia Roll, so this is a great alternative for those who aren’t so fond of fish but like unagi! (Yvo, you can make this for your boyfriend! 😉 )
It’s back to school again! … and I’m sick. 🙁 I caught a cold from Son, who caught it from my little brother (we were over at my parent’s house last week), so now I’m coughing my head off! Bleh. It’s alright though, at least I didn’t get sick until the end of spring break! 🙂
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 pieces.
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cook the unagi according to the directions on the package.
- Slice the unagi into thin strips, about 1/2 inch wide.
- Cut cream cheese into thin sticks, about 1 cm wide.
- Roll the sushi, using unagi and cream cheese as your fillings.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, green onion, and ginger if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll Unagi Philly Roll
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 18g, 28% DV
- Saturated Fat: 7g, 33% DV
- Cholesterol: 127g, 42% DV
- Sodium: 817g, 34% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g, 9% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 1g, 3% DV
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 15g, 29% DV
- Vitamin A: 25%
- Vitamin C: 4%
- Calcium: 9%
- Iron: 12%
- Magnesium: 1%
- Potassium: 0%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.