Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 slices.
- 6 sheets of nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into sticks
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1 small kiwi fruit
- sesame seeds
- Cook sushi rice.
- Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
- Peel the skin off of the kiwi fruit, and slice into thin pieces.
- Spread the rice on the nori as usual.
- Flip the nori over so the rice is on the bottom and the nori is on the top.
- Place the imitation crab mix and avocado on the bottom edge of the nori.
- Roll tightly, making sure the rice doesn’t stick to the rolling mat.
- Once the sushi is rolled (with the rice on the outside), place the slices of kiwi fruit on the top of the sushi.
- Using the rolling mat, press the kiwi fruit into the inside-out California roll, so it doesn’t fall off of the roll.
- Carefully slice into six or eight slices.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve with wasabi, shoyu, and ginger (if desired). Enjoy!