Today, I cannot think of a single thing to write for you. I’m in the middle of finals, so I’m going to blame it on stress and studying. Don’t worry, I have a recipe for you, but in lieu of trying to write more about it, I’m going to do another meme that I’ve been putting off. Ellen Wilson splatted me with a meme tomato a month ago (don’t worry, this was before the salamonella scare ) so that’s what you’re getting today.
8 random things about me:
- I graduate in less than a week, with my bachelor’s degree. I’m so excited. Ecstatic even.
- You can follow me on twitter! My username is sushiday.
- Harry Belafonte recorded the hit song Day-O exactly 31 years before I was born. To the day. Why is this significant? Day-O has always been my family song!
- I adore quantum mechanics. I find it so interesting, that I just finished a quantum mechanics class that I took for fun. Am I a freak? Perhaps. But I’m enjoying it all the way.
- I finally had the opportunity to play Halo 3 with Son, and I loved it. I may have had more fun playing than he did!
- I really want to audition for So You Think You Can Dance. Not so much for the whole TV thing, but… seriously? Any opportunity to work with that many world-class choreographers is worth whatever it takes!
- I am a super-duper night owl. Still up at 5am, and not really tired. Luckily I have the freedom to get up whenever I want, so the late nights up working are not a problem!
- We still have lots of Sushi Day shirts! If you want one, you can always click that link over on the left that says “Our Store.” Are you international? Don’t worry, read this first! I will ship to you, it’s just that Google Checkout is a big old butt.
I know, some of those were cheating, but what do you expect from me in the middle of finals week? If that’s not enough for you, you can learn five more things about me here, and another seven things about me here. I swear, these memes just keep getting longer!
I’m supposed to tag 8 people, but me and thinking this week are just not going together, unless it’s academics related. However, I am going to tag Yvo of Feisty Foodie, because usually she’s the one always tagging me for these! Everyone else, consider yourself tagged.
Like I promised, here’s your sushi recipe! Enjoy!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 6 stalks green onion
- 2 tbsp Siracha hot sauce
- 6 oz tuna sashimi
- 3 oz tobiko
- Cook sushi rice.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Slice the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the tuna into 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick slices against the grain of the fillet.
- Cut each of these slices in half lengthwise, so they are about 1/2 inch wide.
- Roll the sushi, using avocado, cucumber, a stalk of green onion, tuna, a tsp of Siracha, and a little tobiko as your fillings.
Serving Size: 1 roll Guns and Roll
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 7g, 10% DV
- Saturated Fat: 1g, 6% DV
- Cholesterol: 31mg, 10% DV
- Sodium: 614mg, 26% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g, 11% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7% DV
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 10g, 20% DV
- Vitamin A: 30%
- Vitamin C: 22%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 8%
- Magnesium: 9%
- Potassium: 10%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.