For the month of January, 2008
Amazing. Just… amazing. That’s the only way I know how to describe this roll (okay, so not the only way, but definitely one of the best ways!) This has been added to my list of my favorite sushi rolls, so it’s gotta be good, right? The Srirachia sauce adds a pleasant kick, but it’s mellowed out by the mayonnaise so it’s perfect for those of us who don’t like super spicy foods. The tobiko adds a wonderful crunch to the sushi, and the green onion brightens it up a little. Overall, it’s a delicious roll!Continue Reading
I tried. Really, I did! But it wasn’t meant to be. I even tried baking them to see if I could salvage them! But, well, you can see for yourself.Continue Reading
Congratulations to Rebekah, Carolina, Yvo, Andrea, and Violet! They are the five winners of the Sushi Day t-shirts. 🙂 Thanks so much to everyone else who entered… I will be emailing each of the entrants who didn’t win the contest a $5 coupon that you can use to buy a Sushi Day shirt (when we get the order form up later this week)!
I’m sure some of you are curious, so the answers to the contest questions are after the jump…Continue Reading
Only 48 hours left to enter the Sushi Day contest! You might have some questions… so here are some answers!
What can I win?
5 Sushi Day shirts worth $20 each, in the size of your choice! We have women’s small, medium, and large, and men’s small, medium, large, and extra large.
What do I have to do?
There are 12 questions you have to answer (they are at the bottom of this post)- 10 of the answers can be found on the website, and the last two are opinion questions that have no *right* answer. Out of those who answer the first 10 correctly and put some kind of answer for the last two, I will randomly pick five winners.
How do I enter?
Use the Contact Form or email me at sushiday [at] gmail [dot] com with all of your answers. Make sure to number your answers, so I know which answer goes with which question!
When is the deadline?
11:59 PST on Saturday, January 12th.
When will you tell me who won?
I will email and announce the winners on Monday, January 14th.
- What is the key ingredient that makes sushi what it is?
- What is the date of Sushi Day?
- What kind of sushi does my family have every New Years?
- When is Son’s birthday, and how old is he now?
- How many different types of inari sushi have I made? (I’m counting anything that uses the inari pouches as inari…)
- I have a sushi battle wound… where is it and how did I get it?
- Which sushi roll was named after a song?
- What programming language did I use to write a program to *automate* sushi posts?
- What video game logo did I make with sushi?
- What is the color for leukemia? (Kinda like how pink is the color for breast cancer) What about children’s cancer? Which month are they recognized in? (For example, breast cancer is October…)
- What is your favorite recipe on Sushi Day?
- What would you like to see on Sushi Day that isn’t already here?