This is one of the rolls that I tried at Mobo Sushi. Even though I didn’t particularly like it when I ate the Flying Tiger at Mobo Sushi, it sounded like it should have been really good! So I decided to make it at home.
I was right… this is a really really good roll!!! As I said in the Mobo Sushi post, I think I may have gotten a bad roll when I went to the restaurant. Mmmm yummy yummy… this is definitely something I would make again! (And again, and again) Perhaps I made it differently (I just used lemon juice… maybe they actually used slices of lemon?) or maybe I did just get a bad roll, but I definitely love it the way I made it! It’s very similar to the Crunchy Shrimp Roll, with the addition of imitation crab and the miso-lemon-mayonnaise.
Once again, I’m so sorry for being away!! Almost 10 days since I last posted… gah. 20 units of classes doesn’t leave much time for sushi. 🙁 Plus I’m trying to make preparations for a birthday… whose birthday you ask? SushiDay’s!! We launched November 1st a year ago, so of course I have to do something to celebrate! 😛 (Yeah, we have posts before that, but they were filler posts because we couldn’t launch with an empty site now could we?!?) I wish I could hold a big sushi party and invite all of you, but 1. my apartment is way too small for that, and 2. I’m in school… so there’s no way I have time to get something like that together! Hehe. There will be a little something to celebrate though… it will be a surprise!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sumeshi
- 12 pieces tempura shrimp
- 1 small avocado
- 6 stalks green onion
- 1 cup imitation crab
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp miso
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package. I used this tempura shrimp, but I’m sure other types, or even homemade tempura shrimp will work just fine. You can also fry the tempura shrimp if you choose, but baking it is healthier, and you can prepare other things (such as the sumeshi) while it’s baking.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- Cut off the hard skin and discard.
- Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.
- Shred the imitation crab.
- Mix lemon juice, mayonnaise and miso well.
- Roll the sushi, using 2 pieces tempura shrimp, avocado, one green onion stalk, imitation crab, and a line of the miso mayonnaise as your fillings.
Serving Size: 1 roll Flying Tiger
- Calories: 526
- Fat: 24g, 37% DV
- Saturated Fat: 3g, 13% DV
- Cholesterol: 49g, 16% DV
- Sodium: 2074g, 86% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 60g, 20% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 6g, 22% DV
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 16g, 32% DV
- Vitamin A: 17%
- Vitamin C: 23%
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 14%
- Magnesium: 11%
- Potassium: 9%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.