happy-holidays

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season (and not stressing out too much!) I had a fantastic Christmas a couple of days ago. Son and I spent Christmas Eve with his family and had an absolutely wonderful dinner there (his father is an amazing cook!!!!) and then spent Christmas Day with my family. We ate waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much (of course) and pretty much spent the day eating and sleeping (hehe).

I was thinking it would be nice to do a Christmas Roll just like I did the Thanksgiving Rolls… the only problem is that my family’s Christmas dinner consists of pretty much exactly the same food as is in our Thanksgiving dinner! So maybe you all could help me out? Leave your suggestions for what I can do for a Christmas (or Chanukah or Kwanzaa or any other holiday you might celebrate – I don’t want to leave anybody out! :) ) Roll, and I’ll try to use them for next year’s holidays. :)

In other news…. Son gave me 4 new sushi books for Christmas!!! I was very excited. :) You can look for reviews on “The Complete Book of Sushi” by Hideo Dekura, Brigid Treloar, and Ryuichi Yoshii, “Sushi: Tastes and Techniques” by Kimiko Barber, Hiroki Takemura, and Ian O’Leary, “Sushi American Style” by Tracy Griffith, and “Encyclopedia of Sushi Rolls” by Ken Kawasumi coming to SushiDay soon! :) I am very excited about these books… they will be a wonderful reference (I know I’ll be referring to them a lot to make sure my posts are as correct as I can make them!) :)

This is my free week, so I’ll be trying to make as many of your suggestions as I can! …and if you have a suggestion for me but haven’t told me yet, then let me know!! (It’s never too late… I’m always open to your suggestions! :) )

Have a safe and happy rest of the holiday season!!

Comments

1. Rhea says:

Oh, how lovely. Raw fish and sugary topping. Do you actually eat this? Or is it just for decoration? I’m impressed.

2. Peggi says:

My family has a Prime Rib of beef every year for Christmas – I wonder how that would taste in a roll? It sounds kind of yummy, since we use lots of horseradish on the meat, and wasabi tastes sooooo good with beef!

Rhea – Of course!! Doesn’t everyone eat their raw fish like that? :D Hehe no, I’m kidding. Actually, that was a Christmas cookie (pre-baking) that I made at my parent’s house a few days before Christmas… but looking at it now I can totally see how it might look like raw fish, especially since this is a sushi blog! :) Oops! I should have said that it was a just-decorated cookie to prevent confusion!

Peggy – Oooh that sounds good! So a roll with prime rib and horseradish? I’m drooling already!

5. Lizz says:

I totally agree with the Prime rib and horseradish! My b/f hates any kind of seafood but has always wanted Sushi with somekind of meat instead of veggie sushi! Not to mention he’s in love with horseradish!

I totally love this site and am glad I found it! Can’t wait to try my hand at Sushi making!

Lizz – Cool! I’ll definitely try that as my Christmas Roll then! In the meantime, look for a few other rolls using non-seafood meats! Several are coming up in the near future. :) Have fun making sushi!

Mmm, that cookie sure looks good ;)

:) Thanks!