New Zealand Roll
Posted By Allison On November 2, 2006 @ 7:01 pm In Maki Recipes | 15 Comments
The New Zealand Roll is a type of California Roll . The only differences are that the roll is made with the sumeshi  on the outside and covered with kiwifruit  slices.
Makes 6 rolls, or 36-48 slices.
- Cook sushi rice. 
- Mix imitation crab and mayonnaise, separating crab pieces and mashing into smaller pieces.
- Peel the skin off of the kiwi fruit, and slice into thin pieces.
- Spread the rice on the nori as usual.
- Flip the nori over so the rice is on the bottom and the nori is on the top.
- Place the imitation crab mix and avocado on the bottom edge of the nori.
- Roll tightly, making sure the rice doesn’t stick to the rolling mat.
- Once the sushi is rolled (with the rice on the outside), place the slices of kiwi fruit on the top of the sushi.
- Using the rolling mat, press the kiwi fruit into the inside-out California roll, so it doesn’t fall off of the roll.
- Carefully slice into six or eight slices.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve with wasabi , shoyu , and ginger  (if desired). Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 roll
- Fat: 14g, 21% DV
- Saturated Fat: 2g, 10% DV
- Cholesterol: 7mg, 2% DV
- Sodium: 736mg 30% DV
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g, 13% DV
- Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12% DV
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 5g, 10% DV
- Vitamin A: 8%
- Vitamin C: 70%
- Calcium: 7%
- Iron: 8%
- Magnesium: 12%
- Potassium: 11%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
  
Article printed from Sushi Day: http://sushiday.com
URL to article: http://sushiday.com/archives/2006/11/02/new-zealand-roll/
URLs in this post:
 California Roll: http://sushiday.com/archives/2006/10/31/california-roll/
 sumeshi: http://sushiday.com/archives/2006/10/21/sumeshi/
 kiwifruit: http://sushiday.com/glossary#kiwi
 Recipe: #recipe
 Nutrition Info: #nutrition-data
 nori: http://sushiday.com/glossary#nori
 avocado: http://sushiday.com/glossary#avocado
 imitation crab: http://sushiday.com/glossary#imitationCrab
 wasabi: http://sushiday.com/glossary#wasabi
 shoyu: http://sushiday.com/glossary#shoyu
 ginger: http://sushiday.com/glossary#ginger
 Image: http://static.flickr.com/103/282013132_19b52f6559.jpg
 Image: http://static.flickr.com/82/282011049_1ba07dae09.jpg
 Image: http://static.flickr.com/95/282011046_aebdc492c4.jpg
Click here to print.