Scallops and lemon, scallops and lemon.
There’s a good reason why it’s such a classic combination… they go so well with each other, don’t you think?
I thought I’d mix it up a little by frying the lemon slices in butter… certainly an interesting (and delicious) addition.
As for the marinated cucumbers, you really can’t go wrong with them. They make a great addition to just about any Asian dish.
Congratulations to Stacie! She was the winner of the musubi ornament! Stacie, send me your shipping address so I can get the ornament sent to you before Christmas! As you can see, the ornament is happily ready to be on its way to you. ^_^
- 6 sashimi-grade scallops
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 batch marinated cucumbers (this will make much more than you need, but they’re good as a side dish too. And it’s much easier to just make a whole batch.)
- Sriracha sauce
- Slice the lemon very thinly (it’s easiest to use a mandoline for this. However you do it, be careful!)
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the lemon slices, browning each side.
- Prepare the marinated cucumbers.
- Place two slices of fried lemon on a plate, then top with a scallop, some cucumber, and a dot of Sriracha sauce. (The lemons are just for taste and show – you don’t actually have to eat them)
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These values are only estimates based on the individual ingredients, and not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
You also might like...
- Seared Scallop with Chicharrones
- Scallops with Polenta and Avocado… and a giveaway!
- Scallop with Edamame Puree, and another contest!
- Arctic Char with Butter Sauce and Asparagus
- Fourth of July, Sushi-Style!