This month, I am way late for Taste and Create. Not kidding. About a week late by now. You see, I was moving, so my entire kitchen is in boxes right now, which doesn’t make for much cooking. And then, I tried making my partner’s Fried Zucchini Parmesan Sticks with Chipotle Mayonnaise at my parents’ house, but I completely murdered the recipe, and had to start over. Which created another delay. Luckily, my partner for this month, More Than Burnt Toast, was very understanding (and she actually made something from my blog this month! For the last three months my partners have forgotten about me… so this is extra special!) as was Nicole, the amazing woman who puts together Taste and Create every month.
Although the loss of the zucchini was a sad one, I’m actually quite glad that I had to try another recipe. This Crater Banana Bread with chocolate chips is so rich and amazing… the only way to describe it is as an ooey gooey mess of chocolatey banana deliciousness. Perfect with a scoop of ice cream or a big ice cold glass of milk.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas.
- Mix well till smooth.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of this mixture over batter in pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350F oven for 45 – 50 minutes.