taste-and-create-7

Once again, it’s time for Taste and Create. This month, I was paired up with Finger Licking Food. Last week, I made her Macaroni and Cheese with a Twist for the A Taste of Yellow event, (which, by the way, is so good I made it three times in a week! I never make a dish that often. Seriously, it’s amazing!). Anyways, I decided to make her Banana Latte Smoothie for Taste and Create.

If you like coffee and bananas, then you will love this smoothie. She says you can add sugar if you want to make it sweeter, but it really is perfect how it is. It brings back memories of a drink my dad used to make during the summer. Whenever there were bananas that were getting old, he would toss them in the blender with some milk, ice, carob powder, and vanilla, and blend it all up to make “banana drink”. We always used to race to be “taste-testers” to make sure it turned out right… of course, it was always perfect. In addition, I have a midterm tomorrow! Yuck. So this will be the perfect pick-me-up before I have to go take the test!

Comments

1. rachel says:

YUM! I don’t drink enough smoothies.

2. Carolina says:

it sounds very well, I’ll try soon, I like the recipe of macaroni but I miss the sushi’s

Rachel – It’s very delicious, and very refreshing with the heat wave we’re having ing California!

Carolina – Thanks! Don’t worry, I have so much more sushi coming soon!

4. Melissa Donovan says:

I almost always get banana blueberry smoothies with frozen yogurt (that’s my favorite) but I really like the sound of bananas and coffee! I might have to try this one! Smoothie season is here! Yay!

5. For the Love of Food » Taste&Create IX - T&C April Round-Up says:

[…] from Sushi Day blogged about Finger Licking Food’s Banana Latte Smoothie.  Allison says “Reminds me of a banana drink my dad used to make every summer… […]

Melissa – That sounds delicious too! Yep, with all the heat waves we’ve been getting lately, it’s definitely smoothie season! 😀

7. Yogurt Maker says:

Looks great Im going to give this one a try 🙂

Yogurt Maker’s last blog post… Tribest Yolife Yogurt Maker