SUSHI DAY SHIRTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!! Yay! See that link over in the left sidebar that says “Store”? Well if you click on it, you will see it means that finally, FINALLY we are selling the Sushi Day shirts! They are $20 each + shipping, and the money goes towards buying more sushi-making ingredients (believe me, it can get expensive!) and continuing to bring you all sorts of sushi goodness! I can ship to people both inside and outside of the United States, although for those of you who are international it will obviously take a little longer to get there.
Also, Yvo tagged me for another meme, so here it is!
The rules are:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are seven weird, mostly food-related things about me:
- I hate tomatoes. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t eat them in sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, anything! I do like ketchup and spaghetti sauce though, but only if it doesn’t have big chunks of tomato in it. I don’t know what it is… I’m getting better though, nowadays I can manage to eat them in salads (with plenty of dressing!) without being too ick…
- I have never traveled outside of the continental 48 states of the U.S. It almost makes me cry to realize how many different types of foods I’m missing out on! I definitely want to travel though. Since I’m sure almost all of you have so much more travel experience than I do, where do you recommend going?
- I really want to start another food blog. I have been wanting to for a while, because I want somewhere to write about all my other non-sushi cooking that I do. (Yes, I DO make food other than sushi! I promise! ) Plus, I kinda feel bad when I post about non-sushi stuff on here (like Taste and Create and other events that I have been considering doing) so I would rather put that kind of stuff in a general food blog. I guess the only thing that’s stopping me is that I’m not sure if I would have the time, and I don’t know if people would read it. Would you guys read it? Or would it just be one more food blog in a sea of too many? I promise I won’t be upset if you tell me you wouldn’t read it!
- I loooooove grilled onions. If you have ever been to a Korean restaurant, you know how they bring out the meat on the hot iron(?) plate so the meat is still sizzling, and they stick onions on the plate so they cook too? *drool* I could eat those all day! Seriously though, I wish I could eat grilled onions with every meal… they are soooooooooooo good! (Yum)
- My feel-good food is chocolate-peanut butter ice cream. It has to have nice thick ribbons of peanut butter running through it! This is perfect for making me feel better when I’m feeling sad or depressed.
- I have 5 different scars:
- My avocado accident from almost a year ago, on my left hand.
- The scar from ear to ear over the top of my head from my plastic surgery after my accident.
- A scar on my left eyelid because I had to get stitches as a result of my accident.
- A bump above my left eyebrow where I hit my head when I was almost three years old, having fallen down the back steps of my parents’ house and getting a big rock stuck there. One can see pictures of me with a band-aid there, sitting next to my newborn little sister. It’s rumored that there is still a little grain of sand in there, which is why I have a raised bump. (It’s not a zit, I swear! You can see it in any picture taken of me.
- A small red dot on the second toe on my left foot, from getting bitten by one of those pesky little red fire ants about four or five years ago, when I was at a summer dance camp at UT Austin.
- I graduate this year! Class of 2008 woohoo! I can’t wait to be done with school and not have to deal with all of the tedium of classes and everything. I’m so excited!
- Nicole from For the Love of Food
- Karianne from Sushi or Death
- Abby from Confabulation in the Kitchen
- Ralph from Damn Ralph
- Erin from The Skinny Gourmet
- Stephanie from A Whisk and a Spoon
- Son, even though I know he won’t do it!
You also might like...
- About Me
- Happy 1st Birthday, Sushi Day!
- Guns and Roll
- Hotate Special, and More Randomness
- Two Days Left!